Monday, June 23, 2008

Solo

Solo in more than one way. First and foremost, my wife is -- for all intents and purposes -- out of town. This weekend was lonely and somewhat boring, alleviated only by the fact that the apartment's a bit of a mess (so I have some cleaning up to do before my wife comes home) and that I had quite a few miles planned for the weekend.

This morning, I was riding solo because no one joined me on the Commuter Convoy. This was expected. Chris landed a part time job that makes bike commuting on Mondays a non-option and Karen's on vacation. As for where John and Lorin are? No idea. I didn't even see Lorin this morning, so I have no idea if he even took the bus. He might still be at home. I had a nice talk with JR over coffee once I got downtown.

On my way in, I totally dropped this street sweeper. Who's awesome now? Huh?!


Shortly thereafter, I got what might possibly be my second most interesting road find EVER. A hand-made slim jim -- used for unlocking automobile doors without keys (as if I need to explain a slim jim to my readers, but just in case). Finder's keepers! My most interesting is still The Nintendo DS (with Spongebob cartridge... ugh).


Dark skies overhead ended abruptly just above the horizon. For a while, the sun was glaring straight at me, but it didn't last long, as the sun rose into the clouds. I couldn't get a clear shot of the sky before the sun came up, but it looked quite splendid.


"Urban" tennis shoes flung over the power line where Southwest Blvd ends and turns into 19th St.


My buddies over a BikeCommuters.com hooked me up with some of their sweet new stickers. If you've ever thought of writing about a tip or trick that you discovered while bike commuting but don't want to commit to starting your own blog and writing something several times per week, they are looking for guest writers. If your post gets published, they'll send you stickers, too! Same thing goes for commuter profiles.


Random Tunage:
Orbital - Lush 3-3 (Underworld Mix)
16B - Inbetween Your Choice

3 comments:

Apertome said...

A cool find indeed. I tend not to find interesting things by the side of the road, and by that I am a little confused. It may be a function of all the rural riding I do -- all I see alongside the road, if anything, is trash. Mostly empty beer cans.

Anonymous said...

Dude, those bikecommuters.com stickers just doubled the value of your bike!

Noah said...

Easily. Probably more than doubled it since I put TWO of them on.

Privacy Policy

This site is driven by software that uses third-party cookies from Google (Blogger, AdSense, Feedburner and their associates.) Cookies are small pieces of non-executable data stored by your web browser, often for the purpose of storing preferences or data from previous visits to a site. No individual user is directly tracked by this or any other means, but I do use the aggregate data for statistics purposes.

By leaving a link or e-mail address in my comments (including your blogger profile or website URL), you acknowledge that the published comment and associated links will be available to the public and that they will likely be clicked on.